Starting from July 20th, Beijing has lowered its public health emergency response from level II to III, and adjusted the relevant prevention and control measures accordingly.
Measures that must be strictly implemented even after the response level is lowered:
1. Employers and individuals are still required to monitor and report health conditions.
2. Prevention and control measures must be reinforced in key areas such as agricultural markets, restaurants, canteens, construction sites and factories. Dark, damp, and ill-ventilated underground spaces can no longer be used for business operations.
3. Strict inspection and quarantine measures will still be adopted for imported food at arrival ports, with supervision on imported cold-chain food strengthened across the board.
4. All overseas arrivals are required to undergo medical observation in designated facilities and take nucleic acid test. Beijing-bound international flights must enter the country via a designated first port of entry. Prevention and control measures for people entering Beijing from domestic medium- and high-risk areas should be vigorously implemented.
5. Rigorous measures will be put in place to test all those who are required to or want to be tested.
6. Strict prevention and control measures must be a regular part of the work in residential communities.
7. Strict “one plus three” (nucleic acid test plus antibody testing, CT, and blood routine examination) screening will still be conducted in fever clinics and regular prevention and control measures taken in the health care system, so that infection will be effectively prevented and controlled in hospitals.
8. Strict measures such as checking body temperature for using public transport and checking body temperature and health code in public places will continue to be in place.
9. Residents will still be required to wear masks and carry masks with them when going out. People who face high exposure risks, including those engaged in health care and public services must wear masks. People who are in places with less than one meter apart from each other or in crowded and ill-ventilated spaces must wear masks. Frequent hand washing and social distancing are recommended.
On the basis of extensive use of Health Kit (Jiankangbao) for registration and verification, measures as follows will be adjusted:
1. Parks, scenic spots, gyms and fitness centers, libraries, museums, galleries, and other indoor and outdoor venues will open at limited capacity.
2. Meetings with a maximum of around 500 attendees could be held, while the specific meeting scale can be adjusted as the situation evolves, with measures adopted such as strict cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation, social distancing, wearing masks properly, and having complete contingency plans.
3. Exhibitions, sport events, performances can be held at limited capacity gradually and cinemas open also at limited capacity.
Beijing will continue to analyze and evaluate the epidemic situation and adjust COVID-19 prevention and control strategies and measures accordingly.
Source: July 19th Beijing Municipal Press Conference on COVID-19 Prevention and Control